Interested in how to obtain citizenship of St Kitts & Nevis? Discover the details of the application process, costs and benefits of St Kitts & Nevis’s citizenship program.
St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
In an uncertain world increasing numbers of people are applying for a second citizenship for themselves and their families. A second passport can provide greater freedom to travel internationally, peace of mind and financial benefits. If you have are thinking about applying for second citizenship, St Kitts & Nevis could be an option for you to consider.
St Kitts & Nevis operates a Citizenship by Investment Program which enables qualifying investors to apply for full citizenship in exchange for a significant investment in the nation’s economy. There are several approved investment routes available to investors including an investment in an approved real estate project. As experts in Caribbean real estate, 7th Heaven Properties can introduce you to investment opportunities which are officially approved for the real estate route of the St Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Program.
Overview of the St Kitts and Nevis CIP Program
St Kitts & Nevis operates the world’s longest established Citizenship by Investment Program which offers eligible applicants full citizenship in exchange for an investment of at least $400,000 USD in St Kitts and Nevis real estate.
Many of our property listings in St Kitts & Nevis are approved projects under the CIP program.
What are the Benefits of St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship?
Successful applicants of the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program and family members of applicants (where relevant) are granted full citizenship of St Kitts and Nevis which offers a range of benefits, as follows:
- Travel benefits: Passport offering access to 130+ countries without challenging visa requirements, including Hong Kong, Singapore and visa-free access to the EU Schengen countries for a period of up to 3 months.
- Tax benefits: No direct personal taxes even for investors choosing to reside full time in St Kitts and Nevis.
- Right to live and work in St Kitts and Nevis. N.B. Successful applicants are not actually required to permanently reside in St Kitts and Nevis but the option is available.
- Rights and privileges of citizenship of a Commonwealth country in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
Who is Eligible? Qualification Requirements
To qualify for St Kitts and Nevis’s Citizenship by Investment Program, applicants are required to make a significant financial contribution to the country via 1 of 3 routes as follows:
- An investment of $400,000 USD in an approved St Kitts and Nevis real estate project (N.B. the property must be held for a minimum of 5 years). You can search our St Kitts and Nevis real estate listings for approved properties in St Kitts and Nevis.
- A non-refundable contribution of $250,000 USD to the Sugar Industry Diversification Fund.
- A non-refundable contribution of $150,000 USD to the Hurricane Relief Fund.
How to Apply? The Application Process
Decisions on applications for citizenship of St Kitts and Nevis are typically made within 4-6 months of submission of the application form.
The application process involves the following steps:
- Applicants for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program are required to complete application forms with the assistance of an authorized person. We can introduce you to respected agents with experience of the CIP Program.
- The application will then be thoroughly reviewed and strict due diligence will be conducted in relation to the application.
- If approved, applicants are required to pay the remaining fees. The passport(s) will then be made available to the investor(s).
What are the Costs? Citizenship by Investment Program Application Fees
To apply for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program, investors are required to cover fees for due diligence and processing.
Firstly, there is a fee of $7,500 USD for the main applicant, plus a fee of $4,000 USD for each dependent over the age of 16 years.
Secondly, under the real estate option of the Citizenship by Investment Program, there are additional fees to be paid upon approval in principle, as follows:
- $50,000 USD for the main applicant.
- $25,000 USD for any spouse or dependent child under the age of 18.
- $50,000 USD for any other qualified dependent over the age of 18.