Interested in how to get citizenship of Dominica? Discover the details of the application process, costs and benefits of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment program.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment – The Ultimate Guide
In an uncertain world increasing numbers of people are looking for the security of a second citizenship for themselves and their families. A second passport can provide greater freedom to travel internationally, peace of mind, as well as financial benefits. Several Caribbean island nations offer citizenship to eligible applicants including the island of Dominica.
We put together this guide for investors wondering how to get citizenship of Dominica and considering applying for the island’s Citizenship by Investment Program. The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program enables qualifying investors to apply for full citizenship in exchange for a significant investment in the nation’s economy. There are several approved investment routes available to investors. Our guide covers all aspects of the program from eligibility requirements, investment options and application costs through to the benefits of citizenship.
Find Out More About the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
Since 1993 the Commonwealth of Dominica has operated a Citizenship by Investment Programme. Established in Dominican law, the Citizenship by Investment Programme enables eligible applicants to acquire full, legal citizenship of Dominica for both themselves and close family members via a contribution to the country’s economy.
Management of the Citizenship program is overseen by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) within the Ministry of Finance of Dominica.
The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program offers several benefits to applicants as follows:
Full Citizenship for Life
Successful applicants become full citizens of Dominica with the right to live and work on the island and in other Caricom (Caribbean Community) countries. Dominican citizens also enjoy all the rights and privileges of citizenship of a Commonwealth country in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
No Residency Requirement
Successful applicants are not required to permanently reside in Dominica but the option is available.
Visa-Free Travel Worldwide
Successful applicants receive a Dominican passport which offers visa-free or visa on arrival access to approximately 140 countries worldwide, including the EU and the UK.
Attractive Tax Regime
An attractive tax regime offers freedom from inheritance tax, capital gains tax and wealth tax.
Fast Track Application Process
Thanks to a straightforward application process you could receive your new Dominican passport in 90 days.
The program allows for family members to apply together, including spouses, children, parents and grandparents of the main applicant.
Dual Citizenship Permitted
Dominica recognizes dual citizenship so there is no requirement under Dominican law for applicants to give up their current citizenship.
To be eligible for Dominica’s citizenship program, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, submit an application in accordance with the process and meet the minimum required investment levels of one of the investment options outlined below.
To qualify for Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Program, applicants are required to make a significant financial contribution to the country via one of the below routes. In addition to the investment, due diligence and government processing fees must also be covered by the applicant.
Real Estate Investment
An investment in an approved Dominica real estate project (N.B. the property must be held for a minimum of 3 years).
Minimum investment: USD $200,000.
Search our Dominica Citizenship by Investment real estate for approved properties in Dominica.
Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
A non-refundable financial contribution to Dominica’s Economic Diversification Fund.
Single applicant: USD $100,000
Main applicant and spouse: USD £175,000
Main applicant with up to three family members: USD $200,000
Per additional dependant: USD $25,000
The application process involves the following steps:
- Select an Authorised Agent to make an application to the Citizenship by Investment Unit for citizenship of Dominica on your behalf. We can introduce you to Authorised Agents who can assist you with this.
- Attend medical examination and complete all required forms which are to be submitted to the agent. If you are applying for citizenship under the real estate route of the program, you will also need to reserve via a sales and purchase agreement at this stage of the process.
- Agent to submit all forms to the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
- Citizenship by Investment Unit to conduct due diligence. Thereafter the Citizenship by Investment Unit will confirm whether the application has been accepted or not.
- Make payment to the Government Fund or complete sale of property. The Citizenship by Investment Unit will issue the certificate of registration which can be used to apply for a Dominican passport upon receiving proof of payment/completion.
Searching for real estate approved for the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program? Several of our property listings in Dominica are approved projects under the CIP program.
Several of the listings on our site are officially approved projects which means that an investment in to one of them provides eligibility to apply for citizenship of Dominica.
Search our Dominica Citizenship by Investment real estate options or contact us to discover your options.
Non-refundable government processing fee of US $1,000 per applicant.
Government Fees for the real estate route only:
- $25,000 USD for the main applicant.
- $35,000 USD for the main applicant applying with up to 3 dependants.
- $50,000 USD for the main applicant applying with up to 5 dependants.
- $70,000 USD for the main applicant applying with up to 6 dependants.
Non-refundable due diligence fees required for both the real estate and the Government Fund options:
- $7,500 USD for the main applicant.
- $4,000 USD per spouse or any dependent aged 16+.
- Fee for Certificate of Naturalisation: US $250 per applicant.
- Expedited passport issue fee: US $1,200 per applicant.