Resort for sale in Belize with 6 cabanas on 23 acres of grounds with river and rainforest views outside San Ignacio, Cayo District.
San Ignacio, Cayo, Belize – Resort for Sale
Searching for hotels for sale in Belize to tap into the country’s flourishing eco-tourism sector?
Existing Structures & Facilities
The resort comprises the following:
- The main house with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with imported Mexican tiles and copper and ceramic sinks, large meeting room and main office. The main house comes equipped with 2 on-demand water heaters and internet access.
- 6 cabanas with 6 rooms furnished with beds, linens, desk and chair and small refrigerator. Each of the cabanas offers stunning views of the Mopan River valley and the rainforest known as the “Green Ocean” as well as night time views of the lights of Mayan site Cahal Pech and San Ignacio town and the mountains of Guatemala to the west.
- Kitchen/dining room with on-demand water heater, stove, refrigerator, freezer, equipment e.g. juice machine, cooking and service dishes.
- On-site library / meeting room for group activities.
- Caretaker home.
- Utility structure – water pressure booster and 3 conventional water heaters.
- Aviary compound – Intake, rehabilitation, water reservoir, and 2 stand-alone ambassador buildings.
- Horse stable and 6 “dog” houses.
- All utilities in place (and underground to preserve the natural beauty) including 2 guardian backup generators 15kw, telephone, internet, hot water heaters, custom-built mahogany furniture and tools.
Ideal Resort or Commercial Venture
This property could continue to be operated as a resort.
Alternatively, it could be used as an education center or assisted living facility.
It could even be converted into a private estate if desired.
Prime Eco-Tourism Destination
This resort is located in Belize’s Cayo District, which is a prime eco-tourism destination.
The area is ideal for bird watching – over 500 species of birds both resident and migratory have been observed in Belize.
The area also offers activities such as cave tubing within minutes of the property at the ATM (Actun Tunichil Muknal) Cave in Belize.
A guide to Belize
Reasons to invest in Belize
- Fast-growing real estate market driven by a flourishing tourism sector which attracted a record 503,177 overnight visitors in 2019 - a 2.8% increase on the previous year.
- Breathtakingly beautiful landscape with lush rainforest peppered with fascinating Mayan architectural ruins, long Caribbean beaches and hundreds of tiny islands ringed by the world's second-longest barrier reef.
- Inviting retirement program offering full-time residency and exemption from all taxes in Belize.