351-acre private island for sale in the Abaco Islands of The Bahamas with approval for a private airstrip, marina and use for a resort.
Private Island for Sale in The Bahamas
Searching for large private islands for sale in The Bahamas?
This represents the opportunity to own a stunning 351-acre freehold private island with unprecedented government approval for a 6,000 foot private airstrip, 30-acre marina and commercial use for a resort with Hotel Encouragement Act benefits.
Located in the exquisite Abaco region of The Bahamas and home to calm waters, warm breezes and panoramic beauty, this 120-mile-long chain of islands is arguably the best boating, diving, fishing and sailing paradises in the world.
This island is just 122 miles from Palm Beach, 26 miles from Grand Bahama and 20 miles from Walkers Cay, which was recently acquired by superyacht owner Carl Allen.
The island has exposure to the Atlantic Ocean to the East with its cobalt blue waters, as well as the calm and shallow turquoise waters of Grand Bahama Bank to the West.
With over ten pristine white sandy beaches spread over 5 miles of exquisite coastline, elevations to 50 feet, a large freshwater lake and abundant wildlife, the island is the jewel in the crown of the Abaco region.
The Perfect Development Opportunity
Following the existing owner’s positive interaction with the Bahamian Government, permission has been approved for:
- a 6,000 ft private airstrip and helipad (the longest private airstrip in The Bahamas);
- a 30-acre hurricane proof and landlocked marina;
- commercial property use for a resort; and
- Hotel Encouragement Act benefits enabling duty free imports for the construction and renewal of all buildings, facilities and even furnishings, as well as zero Real Property Tax for the next ten years and with considerably reduced tax thereafter. Other benefits under the Act also include VAT deferment, work permits for key personnel and no direct taxation against the earnings of the resort for 20 years.
The island is the perfect development opportunity, enabling the buyer to add their own vision to the island, safe in the knowledge that the key approvals for the airstrip, marina and Hotel Encouragement Act are in place.
The island has no old, outdated infrastructure and its natural beauty remains intact, enabling the buyer to create an easily accessible private retreat, or a paradise resort with multiple hotels, residential units, beach and yacht clubs, making it a world-renowned destination.
A guide to Bahamas
Reasons to invest in Bahamas
- 700 jaw-droppingly beautiful beach-fringed islands dotted in the sparkling turquoise Atlantic Ocean.
- Highly attractive tax incentives, such as freedom from income tax, VAT, inheritance tax and capital gains tax.
- Sophisticated, stable real estate market with a wide variety of waterfront homes available from affordable to ultra-luxury with the option of applying for permanent residency.